June 28, 2017

Lone Star Book Blog Tours : Badlands by Melissa Lenhardt

BADLANDS
Sawbones, Book 3
by
MELISSA LENHARDT
!!NEW RELEASE!!

  Genre: Historical / Western / Action-Adventure / Romance
Publisher: Redhook
Date of Publication: June 27, 2017
Number of Pages: 416




Outlander meets post-Civil War unrest in the conclusion to Melissa Lenhardt's fast-paced historical series.
Laura's worst fears have been realized: Kindle has been taken into custody and she is once again on the run. The noose awaits her in New York, but Laura is realizing that there are some things worse than death. Finally running out of places to hide, it may be time for Dr. Catherine Bennett to face her past.





PURCHASE LINKS:

Indiebound | Kobo | Google Play | iBooks | B&N






My Review is for Blood Oath : Book 2 

Blood Oath can probably stand alone, but once I read the cover blurb, I had to go back and read the first book in this series (Sawbones) before getting started. I am so glad I did! Where I thought Catherine (aka Laura) was a little whiny in some parts of the first book, Blood Oath totally made up for it. 

Blood Oath was so much more than I had ever dreamed it would be.  With everything that Kindle and Laura had to endure during the first book, I was expecting them to have a little break from all the bad stuff -- but they don't. That surprise was just part of what made it a good book! Even though I knew something really bad was gonna happen to Laura and Kindle in one situation, I definitely didn't see what was coming in another part. I had to go back and re-read that part just to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding. And just when I thought everything was turning one direction, the whole ending went a different way made me wonder how the series will turn-out. Are Kindle and Laura doomed? Will they finally find the happy ending they truly deserve? Only time (and hopefully Badlands, Book 3) will tell!

Thank You to Melissa Lenhardt for writing a story that has left me yearning to find out what's in store for these two people. 


I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book from Lone Star Book Blog Tours!

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley!



Melissa Lenhardt is the author the Jack McBride mystery series, as well as the Laura Elliston historical fiction series. Her debut mystery, STILLWATER, was a finalist for the 2014 Whidbey Writers’ MFA Alumni Emerging Writers Contest, and SAWBONES, her historical fiction debut, was hailed as a "thoroughly original, smart and satisfying hybrid, perhaps a new subgenre: the feminist Western" by Lone Star Literary Life. A lifelong Texan, she lives in the Dallas area with her husband and two sons.


--------------------------------------------------- 
GIVEAWAY!  GIVEAWAY!  GIVEAWAY!
 Three Winners 
1stBadlands paperback;       2ndBadlands eBook; 
3rdBadlands audio download via Downpour
June 27-July 6, 2017
(U.S. Only)


CHECK OUT THE OTHER GREAT BLOGS ON THE TOUR:

6/27
Notable Quotable 1
6/27
Notable Quotable 2
6/28
Review: Blood Oath
6/28
Review: Badlands
6/29
Review: Blood Oath
6/29
Review: Badlands
6/30
Review: Blood Oath
6/30
Review: Badlands
7/1
Review: Blood Oath
7/1
Review: Badlands
7/2
Badlands Excerpt 1
7/3
Bonus Review
7/4
Bonus Review
7/5
Badlands Excerpt 2
7/6
Badlands Excerpt 3


   blog tour services provided by


 

No comments:

Post a Comment